Coconut Macaroons are an elegant treat,yet quick and easy to make.Coconut macaroons are made with just sugar, egg white, and shredded coconut Enjoy these soft, chewy and full of coconut flavor macaroons.
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- 2 cups Dessicated Coconut Powder
- 1 cup Egg white
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence-for extra flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl,add sugar and egg white and mix well.Then mix the remaining ingredients, vanilla essence and coconut powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and cook on a slow flame till the sugar melts. Keep stirring it continuously to avoid the mixture from burning.
- Remove from stove and allow it to cool.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the macaroons about an inch apart onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. You can also take a piping bag with a star nozzle and put this mixture in it and pipe it into small round cookie shapes.
- Bake it for 15- 20 minutes.
- Let it cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.Allow the macaroons to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy the soft chewy macaroons :)