A twist on the traditional pesto pasta. Try this easy pesto made with raw walnuts and fresh basil and pair it with your pasta of choice for a warm and comforting meal!
- 2 cloves Garlic-finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan/ normal cheese-grated
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 packet Penne pasta
- 5 tbsp Walnuts, peeled (you may use any other nuts-cashew, pine nuts, peanuts)
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves
- Salt or Black Pepper powder to taste
- Cook the pasta as per instructions on pack and not too soft.
- Blend together basil leaves, garlic cloves and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a blender.
- Add walnuts, 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp olive oil, and continue to blend.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and blend further to make a green paste - pesto.
- In a deep frying pan ,pour 1 tsp of oil,add the pesto (paste), 3 tbsp of milk, stir and add 2 tbsp cream and stir on low flame.
- Pour 1 tbsp of milk, to loosen the pesto and cook for a min. Add penne pasta and toss to coat the pesto on high flame. Add salt and mix.
- Walnut Pesto Penne ready to be served.Serve with garlic bread.