Salads feed a lot of people on a budget, and Waldorf salad is always a treat. The combination of apples, celery, and walnuts is delicious. This recipe works anytime for lunch or dinner. Enjoy this gorgeous,luscious salad or dessert.
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups Red apples-cored and diced (I used Red Delicious apples)
- 1 cup Celery sticks-thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Walnuts-chopped
- 1/2 cup each sliced Green grapes
- 1/2 cup each Black grapes
- Parsley- chopped
- 1/2 cup Raisins -optinal
- Garnish with fresh Lettuce leaves
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Sugar or 1 tsp honey
- pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream- whipped ,or 1/4 cup Sour cream or Hung curd
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples,celery,grapes and walnuts.
- Whip 1/2 cup whipping cream.Fold the whipped cream or sour cream into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the salad and toss until coated.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.Serve in a salad bowl or on a green lettuce wrap placed on a dessert dish.Top it with chopped parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad. You may use this as a salad or as a dessert.
Note-To make Mayonnaise:Blend together 250 ml milk,olive oil using a hand blender.
To this add salt,ground black pepper and lemon juice.