A simple, healthy and nutritious vermicelli recipe.
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Channa dal
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- 2 Green Chili peppers
- 2-3 Curry leaves
- Roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 package Vermicelli Noodles
- 1/2 cup Carrots, diced
- 1-2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- In a deep skillet or saucepan, heat about 1 tbsp cooking oil on medium heat.Add the vermicelli noodles and stir frequently until they are a little golden (about 2-3 minutes). Set them aside on a plate.This will help prevent the noodles from getting mushy and sticky.
- Using the same pan, add a little more oil if needed then add mustard seeds and allow them to pop.Add the channa dal, garlic, chili peppers, curry leaves and cashews.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the channa dal, garlic and cashews look golden.
- Add the peas and carrots and cook covered for another 2-3 minutes until the carrots are tender. Add about 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the vermicelli noodles and allow to cook until the water has been fully absorbed. Mix in soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional) and serve hot.