Lasagna is an authentic Italian meal made with ground meat and tomato sauce.Traditional lasagna can take up to 2 hours to prepare.This recipe takes only 35 minutes as it cooks up in one big skillet,and no oven required.
The key ingredients..
- 1/2kg Ground Lamb or Beef
- 1 jar Spaghetti sauce
- 1-2/3 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing-optional
- 2 Green Bell peppers- chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic-minced
- 12 Oven-ready Lasagna Noodle- broken into quarters
- 1 cup Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan and Ricotta cheese-optional
- Add the ground lamb to the skillet or saucepan.Cook, stirring often and using a wooden spoon to break up the meat, about 3 to 5 minutes, or until it’s no longer pink.Then drain of the excess fat.
- Next pour the spaghetti sauce and add bell peppers,minced garlic,Italian dressing;mix well. Bring to boil by adding water.
- Drop in the lasagna noodles and cover the skillet with lid.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese or stir in half the mozzarella and parmesan, and 1/4 cup of the ricotta;if you like more cheese ; cover. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and enjoy the hot lasagna.