Spring rolls are light easy appetizer with an exotic flavor.These are easy to make so do check out.
Spring Roll Wrapper Packet
- 1/2 pound Ground Chicken
- 1/2 head of Small Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Carrots, thin julienne cut
- 1 Stalk Green Onion, chopped or Onion chopped
- 1/2 Green,Red,Yellow Bell Peppers,thin julienne cut
- 2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chilli sauce or Red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp Ajinomoto-optional
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Cornstarch or Cornflour-optional
- 1 tsp All Purpose Flour or 1/2 egg white wash
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 50 Spring roll wrappers, defrosted
- Oil, for deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce,pepper and cornstarch. Add in the chicken and mix well. Let marinate for 10 minutes (or up to overnight in the refrigerator).
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp of the cooking oil.Stir fry the ground chicken until browned. Remove browned ground chicken from wok to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe the wok clean and turn heat to medium. When just starting to get hot, add the remaining cooking oil. Add in the green onion,ginger and garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the carrots,green bell pepper,red bell pepper,yellow bell pepper and cabbage. Stir well and turn the heat to medium-high. Stir fry the vegetables for 2 minutes,or until the veggies have softened.
- Add the cooked ground chicken back into the wok, stir well. Add in the soya sauce,chilli sauce or red chilli flakes,sesame seeds,vinegar,ajinomotto and toss again.Cook until the liquid dries off.
- In a small bowl,add water and all purpose flour and make a smooth paste. Open the spring roll sheet package, cover with barely damp towel to prevent drying out.
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling to spring roll and roll up. Secure the edge with all purpose flour paste. Keep rolled spring rolls covered with plastic wrap or in ziploc bag to prevent drying.
- To fry, heat oil in a wok or deep.Carefully slide in the spring rolls, one at a time, to the oil to fry. Turn the spring rolls to brown evenly and fry for about 3 minutes. Let cool on paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup or Chinese hot sauce.