Hummus is one of the most popular Middle Eastern dips,served with pita bread. This dish always reminds me of those days when I use to have with my family during weekends in Saudi. So do try this recipe.
Enjoy falafel chips dipped in hummus.Have a bite.
- 1 16oz can of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tbsp lemon juice(depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp tahini -you can find in arab or indian grocery stores
- 2 cloves garlic,crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas and set aside liquid from can.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor.Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Place in serving bowl;and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
- Add a small amount around 1-2 tbsp olive oil in the well.
- For a spicer hummus add a dash of cayenne pepper and garnish with chickpeas or parsley.
- Serve immediately with fresh,warm pita bread.
Hummus can be refrigerated for upto 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for 1 month.Add a little olive oil if it appears too dry.