Light, creamy and sweet, this chilled rice pudding flavored with rose water is the perfect accompaniment for a hot summer day or after a spicy meal. Top it with chopped nuts for added indulgence. You can even add saffron (kesar) too.
- 3 cups (450 ml) Milk
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 100 gm Rice
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain water and grind to a fine paste.
- Add milk to paste and heat together, stirring constantly so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and remove from stove.
- Add cardamon powder and rose water. Leave to cool and set in a refrigerator. Serve garnished with chopped nuts.
Enjoy the refreshing dessert!