Marag is a spicy mutton thin soup served as a starter in India. It is prepared from tender mutton with bone.I got this recipe over the internet.But my mom prepares in a different way, will post that recipe in next post soon.
- 1/2 kg Mutton pieces with bones
- 2 Onions-chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 3 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 bunch Coriander and Mint Leaves-chopped
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Pistachios
- Cooking Oil
- In a cooking saucepan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add chopped onions. Stir till golden brown. Add ginger and garlic paste and stir well.
- Add turmeric powder,black pepper powder, garam masala powder, 1 tsp salt, mutton (big pieces), water and coriander and mint leaves.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles on medium flame, approximately for 10 minutes.
- Take out the lid, cook well till the water gets dry. Keep stirring in between till it leaves the oil.
- Add the grinded paste of almonds,cashews and pistachios.
- Add one and a half liters of water, add 2 tsp of salt, chopped coriander and mint leaves and black pepper powder.
- Cook on medium flame for 10 minutes till it comes to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- You can add more water depending on required consistency.I kept a bit thick.
Marag is ready, serve with naan or roti.