This curry has all the goodness of my favorite vegetable and the tender lamb meat combined with fresh fenugreek leaves.
- Lamb meat-1/2 lbs, washed and drained
- Onions-1 large, sliced
- Tomato-1 (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder-1 tsp
- Ginger and Garlic paste-1 1/2 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Beans-4 cups( washed and cut into 1 ” pieces)
- Fresh Fenugreek leaves-1 cup washed and chopped
- Mix together the lamb meat, ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, onions and set aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the meat. Mix well and pressure cook with little water, until the meat is cooked well.
- Turn off the stove and let the pressure settle down. Remove the lid,turn up the stove again and add the beans and the fenugreek leaves to the cooked meat and stir.You can add potatoes if you like.
- Cook until all the water gets absorbed and the beans get cooked.
- Lower the heat to the lowest and cook for 10 more minutes. When the meat and the beans come together, turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.