Masala Dosa is an absolutely addictive, comforting fare and is a typical South Indian dish,eaten mostly for breakfast and is rich in carbohydrates and protein.Here’s a delicious, light dosa recipe.
- 2 cups Rice,or preferably parboiled
- 1 cup Split Black gram skinless(Urad dal)
- 1/4 cup Roasted Bengal gram dal(Channa dal)
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds(Methi dana)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking dosa
- Take a bowl, add rice,urad dal, channa dal,fenugreek seeds, wash and soak for 6 hrs.
- After 6 hrs,grind these ingredients to a very smooth consistency.
- Next day add salt and enough water to make into a dropping consistency.
- Heat tava (dosa pan) very hot, splash a little water over it, and with a ladle, immediately pour some batter onto it, spreading it thin, with a circular motion, without pressing too hard.
- Lower the heat and dribble a little oil around the edges. When edges start browning a bit, it is almost done.
- Turn the dosa around on its back and allow it to cook for a few seconds.
- Add desired filling and fold over.