Puffs are a wonderful snack option for the days that you want something substantial and you can’t wait very long for it to be made!!
- Puff Pastry – 1 sheets
- 1/2 lb kheema or minced meat
- 2 medium Onion
- 1/2 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Coriander and Mint leaves
- Take the sheets of Puff Pastry out and thaw them at room temperature for about 40 minutes. Pre-heat the Oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now for the stuffing, take a small skillet and heat Oil on medium heat. When oil heats up, add cumin seeds. Let it splutter for 30 seconds. Add ginger paste and ginger and garlic paste. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Then add sliced onion and fry till they are transparent. Add turmeric,red chili,coriander and garam masala powder and salt. Fry till raw smell goes off
- Add ground meat and cook till all the moisture evaporate.Adjust the salt and add lime juice and coriander leaves.
- Add little water to cook the meat.Allow the mixture to cool.
- Cut the Pastry sheets strips into three’s to form a square. Put 1 tbsp (approx) of the stuffing in the center.
- Fold the Pastry Sheet to make a triangle. Use a fork and gently, but firmly, press into the sides and press away (to form a design and help seal).
- Put the Puffs on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Place in the pre-heated oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack and allow them to rest and cool down for 5 minutes.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup.
Note:Slightly brush the puffs with egg white before placing it in the oven.