Chicken Tandoori is a popular dish marinated in yogurt, lemon juice and aromatic Indian spices and then grilled in a Tandoor or in an oven.An extremely popular mughlai delicacy which can be served at dinner party.
This is the first time I’ve made tandoori chicken after seeing a couple of gorgeous tandoori chicken recipes. I used chicken drumsticks and thighs for the preparation as I didn’t get a whole chicken.Do try out and enjoy the juicy and moist chicken tandoori.
- For the Inner Coating:
- 1 Whole Chicken or Chicken wings or Drumsticks
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- For the Tandoori Masala Marination:
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Red chili Powder or as per spicy level
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp readymade Tandoori Masala
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour for dusting-optional
- Wash off whole chicken inside out or drumsticks and then pat dry using paper towel. Slit the pieces for perfect marination.
- Mix red chili powder, lemon juice, salt, ginger garlic paste,oil in a bowl and mix well and apply the masala to the inside of chicken where slits made as well as inside cavity. Keep it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Next take thick yogurt, to that add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, kasoori methi,tandoori masala, salt, oil, mix well. Add red food color if desired. Now apply this tandoori masala paste well on all over chicken. Cover and keep it in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove chicken 30 minutes before you want to bake it. Dust corn flour using tea strainer all over chicken. Brush some oil on the top of it.
- Bake at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 25 minutes After 25 minutes flip the chicken and again bake for 20 more minutes. After 20 minutes again flip chicken one more time and bake for final 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad and garnish with red onion and lemon.