Bheja fry or lamb brain fry masala is one such popular and mouth-watering dish. It’s such a tasty recipe which is quick in making and good side dish for roti, naan, bread.
- 1 Lamb brain/sheep brain
- 1 cup Onion- finely sliced
- 1 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder-optional
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Wash the brain thoroughly,soak the brain in hot water for 10 minutes this helps in cleaning. Remove the brains from the water and carefully remove membrane or nerves.Chop the brains into medium pieces.
- Marinate the brain with salt, ginger and garlic paste ,red chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add sliced onions.Saute the onions till they turn golden brown.Remove half the onions and keep them aside.
- Next add the brain.Stir well and cover with lid and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.Don’t mix it often,you may lose the good look and texture.
- When the oil separates , add chopped coriander and mint leaves ,squeeze lemon juice and also add remaining brown onion.
- Serve hot with roti or naan.