Chana daal is a popular snack dish served at Iftar during the month of Ramadan. It is very easy to make and healthy. Enjoy this simple recipe.
- 1 cup Chana Daal(Bengal gram)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder or to taste
- 1-2 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves and Mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1-2 Lemon
- Wash and soak chana daal in surplus water for about 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Drain the pre-soaked chana daal and place in a pot with enough water to cover. Boil it over a medium flame until they are soft, but not mushy. There should be some bite to it.
- Drain the daal and place in a separate bowl.To it add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice.Stir in the chopped coriander and mint leaves, and green chillies. Cover and let chill for at least an hour.