Classic Spritz Cookies are an easy way to add a variety to a holiday treat. Spritz Cookies, also known as Swedish Butter Cookies or Pressed Butter Cookies, are a very popular Christmas cookie.
Here is a basic recipe for spritz cookies, with the help of a decent cookie press and a little bit of practice, you can whip up a large quantity of these treats for gift giving.
- 3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups or 2 sticks Butter softened,room temperature
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg,room temperature
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Clear Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp no-color Almond extract or
- 1/2 cup blanched Almonds-Pulse the almonds in a food processor until they turn into a coarse meal
- Food coloring-optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In bowl,combine flour and baking powder.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until combined. Do not chill.
- Fill cookie press with dough and with desired disks, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.Do not line the baking tray with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 3-5 minutes on cookie sheet on cooling rack. Remove from sheet and cool completely.
- Serve them plain or decorate it with colored sugar or sprinkles or dip in a melted chocolate!
Enjoy the sweet and buttery cookies:)