A delightful and simple pulao made with shrimps,rice and few spices.Enjoy the easy recipe of shrimp pulao.
- 2 cups Shrimp/Prawns-washed and cleaned
- 1 1/2 cup Rice-washed and soaked
- 3 Onions- sliced
- 2 Tomatoes- sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger and garlic paste or Garlic crushed
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala-3 Cardamon,5 Cloves,5 Cinnamon,Bay Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander and Mint leaves
- First heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan.To this add garam masala mixture and black pepper.Next add crushed ginger and garlic,turmeric powder, salt,coriander and mint leaves.
- Now add the onions and tomatoes and cook it ,but make sure you don’t overcook as will be adding rice.
- After the onion and tomatoes mixture gets cooked add shrimps or prawns and stir well.And then add the soaked rice.Now add water (1 cup of rice=1.5 cup of water)give a quick stir and cover the pan with lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve with spicy red chilli shrimp masala. Steaming hot shrimp pulao is ready.
Note:To make garam masala powder-Dry roast cardamons,cinnamon,cloves and bay leaves .Allow to cool and grind all the ingredients in a mixer.