Ummari is a traditional and very popular Arab sweet dessert,a version of bread pudding. You can serve it with a scoop of french Vanilla ice cream.
- Milk 2 cup
- Condensed Milk 1/4 cup
- Sugar to taste
- Cinnamon powder
- Brown sugar
- Cream-fresh cream or Whipping cream
- Take croissants or baked puff pastry.Break them into small pieces in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle caster sugar and cinnamon on it and mix with a spoon.You can mix some nuts in this step as well if you like.
- Bring the milk,condensed milk and sugar to boil.
- Pour the boiled milk on the croissants and let it sit for a while to absorb the milk.
- Now beat the cream with some sugar.Spread the cream with a spoon all over the croissants.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Enjoy the Ummali :)