When the weather turns cold, nothing soothes like a bowl of hot soup.Fresh and healthy Tomato soup are the favorite recipes because of the taste, flavor and color of tomato soup. Enjoy the hot healthy soup.
- 3-4 Tomatoes-diced
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1 Potato diced-optional
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 4-5 Bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 Carrot chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried Basil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Cornflour-mixed with water
- Cream-for garnish-optional
- Coriander leaves
- Heat a pan or wok,add butter and once the butter melts add cumin seeds and garlics and toss them.
- Add onions and saute it for a minute.Add diced potatoes,carrots and bell peppers.Saute for few seconds.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and cover it with lid.Cook for 10-15 minutes or till tomatoes becomes tender.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked,add salt,sugar,basil leaves and tomato sauce.Cook for 5 minutes on high heat.
- After it gets cooked,turn off the stove and let it cool down.
- Now blend into puree in a blender.
- Next strain the puree into another sauce pan and add water.Cook on high heat.
- Add the cornflour mixture and allow it cook to for desired consistency.
- Serve the soup into a bowl and sprinkle black pepper and garnish with coriander leaves. You can also serve with fried bread chunks.
Enjoy the hot soup :)