Bagara khana is a spiced rice delicacy that can be served with chicken korma or dalcha(lentils cooked with mutton).
- 4 cups Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 1 Onion-sliced finely
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Cloves
- 1 1/4 tbsp Caraway seeds (Shah Zeera)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander and Mint leaves-finely chopped
- Wash the rice and soak it in surplus water for about 1 hour.
- Then in a large saucepan add oil at medium heat,add onion and fry till they are slightly golden in color.
- Add ginger & garlic paste, fry for a minute.Then add water along with cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, caraway seeds and salt.
- Let it come to boil,add the drained rice.Give it a stir and let the rice cook until it is done.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.