Well I baked this cake on my Mom-Dad’s Anniversary.Love you Mom and Dad :).
- 2cups boiling water
- 1cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter,softened
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesF(175 degreesC). Grease 3-9 inch round cake pans.
- In medium bowl,pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth.Let mixture cool.
- Sift together flour,baking soda,baking powder and salt;set aside.
- In a large bowl,cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.Beat in eggs one at time,then stir in vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture alternatively with the cocoa mixture.
- Spread batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.Allow to cool.
- Next spread chocolate icing on top of cake and decorate.