Biryani is a very famuous dish all over the world.There are two traditional ways of preparing the Hyderabadi Biryani and the most famous is called the”Kacchi Yeqhni” biryani.
So do try out and enjoy the mouth watering biryani.
- 1 1/2 kg Chicken
- 4 cups Basmati Rice
- 3 large Onions sliced
- 2 tbsp Ghee/1 cup Canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 big punch Saffron threads-optional
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 Green chillies
- Coriander-finely chopped
- Mint leaves-finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- For Rice
- 1 tbsp Shahzeera/Caraway seeds
- 4 Black Peppercorns
- 4 Green Cardomons
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Yellow color-I used red color
- 2 tbsp toasted sliced almonds-optional
- In a large bowl,add the chicken and marinate with ginger-garlic paste,Red chili powder,turmeric powder,garam masala powder,saffron,lemon,green chilies,yogurt,fried onions,finely chopped coriander and mint ,salt and oil.
- Mix the chicken well and cover and leave it for 3 hours or keep in the fridge overnight.
- Next wash the rice and soak it in surplus water for about 1/2 hour.
- In a large sauce pan at medium heat ,add 2 tbsp ghee,add onions and fry till golden brown and keep aside for garnishing.
- Meanwhile,in a large cooking pot or rice cooker;pour in water along with cloves,cardamon,cinnamon sticks,shazeera and salt.
- Let it come to boil,add the drained rice.Give it a stir and let the rice cook until it is half done,2-3 minutes.Drain the rice.
- Now take a large vessel/non stick vessel;add the marinated chicken with a little oil in the vessel.Spread the drained cooked rice over the chicken.
- Spread evenly the chopped coriander,mint leaves,fried onions,toasted slices almonds,ghee and yellow color.
- Then cover the vessel lid with newspaper or aluminium foil;and place a heavy weighted vessel over it so that no steam can escape.
- Place the biryani vessel on stove and cook on low flame.
- Allow to cook on low heat for 15 mins,close the heat.
- Serve the delicious biryani with dahi chutney,mirch salan and salad.